If you're having trouble with the Online Bookings, have a run through this diagnostic guide to help resolve your problems.
Have you finished setting up in 'Online', but there are no bookings available?
This is usually caused when you're using Advanced Rostering and you have not entered in any Roster items:
Pop into Roster and add in your roster items. If you need some details to see how this works, this article will show you how to setup your roster.
Are you unable to book in a particular service with an operator, even when there is available time?
Things to look for:
- If a client has reported this, check your Online Bookings site and try to make a booking during the specific date and time to confirm if this is consistent.
- Check Online Bookings to see if the Service is listed in Online > Setup > Services.
- Check Online Bookings to see if the Operator is listed in Online > Setup > Operators.
- Check to see if the Operator is Rostered ON for the day by popping into Roster and navigating to the date range.
- Check to see if time is available on the Appointments page.
- Check to see if the Service is enabled for Online Bookings by going to Admin > Services > Edit next to the relevant service. In Service Details, click Online Bookings and ensure Show Online is ticked.
- Check to see if the Operator can perform the service in Admin > Operators > Services.
Are clients unable to select a time, or is the 'Time' section not letting your clients move forward with their booking?
If you or your clients are stuck in the Time section, click on the < Time heading to pop back into the main bookings process and go ahead with your booking.
Do you want to retrieve client details on bookings which have been rejected?
- Click on Online > Dashboard > Booking Activities.
Booking details are found here, including the Client name and this icon ￼ next to the booking status (which you can click on to view specific details). You can then search for the client using Client Search in right-side panel.
- You can also verify activity by clicking on Actions in a client card and clicking on the Activity option.
The activity should match up with approximate date/time as the booking and user should be System Admin or System Operator. The activity should also match up with Add and Appointment.
Are you no longer receiving notifications when your clients make a booking?
Check to see if you have entered in your email and/or mobile number in Online > Admin > Notification Settings. Make sure you tick SMS and/or Email if you haven't already.
This will ensure that you continue to receive notifications if bookings are required to be approved by you or your salon (rather than auto approval).
If you have enabled auto approval, you won't receive these notifications. Instead, you can try to use operator appointment notifications by clicking here.
Can I update my Online Booking URL?
You can learn how to update your Online Booking URL by clicking here.
Why is there available time on the Appointments page, but no appointments available online?
If you find yourself in this situation, you will need to ensure that you're correctly setup. Please view the start of this article to make sure that you've setup your Online Bookings, and your operators are correctly configured.
If you are correctly configured, you may not be able to book due to the 2 hour appointment approval process.
If you are not using auto approval, you cannot make a booking within the next 3 hours. 2 hours is allocated so you may approve the booking, and 1 hour allows the client to reach the salon in time for their appointment.
If you would like to learn more about auto approval, you can find out about it here.
How can I figure out if I can make a booking at a certain time?
You will be able to book 3 hours from the current time if you're approving appointments manually (if the 3 hours from now is overnight or outside of business hours, you'll have 3 hours starting from the beginning of the next business hours to accept the booking).
If you're using auto approval, you will be able to book as soon as possible. In your Roster, this is typically anytime where you are rostered on, or from the next available rostered on time.
What hours are available to clients who book online?
The Online Bookings looks at your Roster for available time. So your rostered on times are your business hours.
I would like to learn more about how clients book online.
You can click here to learn more about the process clients typically go through to make a booking with you.
Please note that we are in the process of changing the system to allow your clients to book closer to the current time.