The next step in getting started is to set up your business opening hours, and your operators working hours. In just a few clicks you can have your opening hours set for each day, and your staff (operator) hours ready to go.
The below set-up is for Simple Rostering. This is the default rostering option and is based on a one week view. If you have a fluctuating roster and want to have a different roster set every week, you will want to use Advanced Rostering instead. Checkout this article for more information:
We'll be going through the following in this article:
- Setting up Opening Hours
- Settings up Operator Hours
- Managing Public Holidays and Alternate Trading Hours
1. Go to Roster
2. Select Opening Hours.
3. Choose your opening hours for each day and tick Closed on the days you're not open.
4. Click Save.
1. Go to the Roster and click on an Operator name.
2. In the pop-up window set the hours the operator works
3. Select the days that they aren't working via the Not Working column.
4. Click Save.
5. Repeat the above steps for each operator and you're done!
Note: You can also setup operator hours via Admin, then in the Operators tab click the Roster link next to an operator.
1. Go to the Roster.
2. Click the Public Holidays/Alternate Trading Hours link to set up your public holidays and alternate trading dates.
3. Click New.
4. On the right, select the Type drop-down menu and choose either Public Holiday or Alternate Trading Hours:
- Public Holiday: This will automatically close your Appointments Page for the date that you've set, even if you are normally open on that day. When creating a Public Holiday, you'll give it a name and a date, then this will block off the whole day on your Appointments Page.
- Alternate Trading Hours: This allows you to open up your Appointments page on a day that's normally set to closed; and allows you to set the hours that you will be trading that day. When creating Alternate Trading Hours, you'll give it a name and a date, but you'll also be adding in a specific From and To time.
5. Click Save once complete.
You can come to this page at any time to add in a day that you need blocked off, or a day that you need opened up, without changing your Roster!
If you want to see the roster set up process in action, simply jump to 4:26 in the following video:
If you're unsure of if you want to use Simple or Advanced Rostering, click here to go to the Rostering Overview—it goes through both systems, and you can decide which one is more suitable for you.
Feel free to check out the next article in the Getting Started section to see what to do next.