The Advanced End Of Day process needs to be run every day, and most importantly, it needs to be run at the END of your business day—after the last transaction has been processed, and before midnight. After the End Of Day process has been run for the day, do not put any other transactions through until the following business day.
- Enabling the Advanced End of Day Setting
- Starting the End of Day Process
- Example: How to enter Cash and EFTPOS amounts
Enabling the Advanced End Of Day Setting
1. Go to Settings (by clicking the blue circle icon on the top right corner).
2. Select Cash Register (POS).
3. Scroll down and tick Advanced End Of Day and then click Save.
Starting the End Of Day Process
Once you have finished all your appointments and sales for the day (the client appointments for the day should now be grey on the appointments page - showing they have been finalised), you can proceed to do the End Of Day process:
1. Go to POS.
2. Click on the Manage tab.
3. Click Start End of Day Process (In the Cash Register Balance section, below the Payment Type Report)
4. Now it's a matter of going through each one of your payment methods, and entering in your figures in the Actual column:
- The Actual column is how much you've physically taken, e.g. the amount of cash in your cash drawer, or the total amount taken from your EFTPOS machine.
- The Total column indicates the figures that have been put through your Simple Salon account via POS.
- A green tick will appear next to each payment method when the Total column matches the Actual column.
- If there is a difference between the Total and Actual figure you've entered, it will prompt you to enter a reason (Add Comment) before allowing you to continue.
5. Once you have completed entering in all amounts in the Actual column, click Next.
6. Enter in your Next Session Float (how much you will keep in your cash drawer for the next day), and the Cash To Deposit amount will update accordingly (i.e. the total amount of cash entered minus the float).
7. When you're done, click Close Session and select Yes to confirm.
Now when you go back to your POS page, in the Manage tab, you'll see that your float is all ready for tomorrow.
To see a summary of the business that day, click CLOSED: Show End-Of-Day Report. (If the Summary Report doesn't open, it means that you have pop-ups blocked in your browser settings. You need to allow pop-ups. If you don't know how to do that, click here to learn.)
Example: How to enter Cash and EFTPOS amounts
1. In the Cash row, click Enter.
2. Open up your cash drawer and count how much cash you physically have in your cash drawer (collected during that day).
3. In the Enter Actual Amount section, enter the actual amount of cash you have in the cash drawer. You can use the Cash Calculator to break it down—making it easier if you get interrupted or lose track of counting.
4. Click Save once complete.
1. In the EFTPOS row, click Enter.
2. Perform the settlement on your EFTPOS machine, to get the total amount taken via EFTPOS during your business day.
3. In the Enter Actual Amount section, enter the actual amount of money you have taken via EFTPOS, as per the total figure given by your EFTPOS machine.
4. Click Save once complete.
The below image will give you an idea of what it will look like once everything is entered in:
Note: Once your cash drawer has been reset—it is imperative that you do not put through any other transactions until the following business day.
Want to see it in action? Check out the following Help Video: