Before you can start taking appointments or selling items, you need to set up your Services and Products. It's simple, and you'll be set up in no time! Feel free to jump ahead using the links below:
1. Go to Admin then into Services.
2. In the Categories section to the left, select New.
3. Under Category Details to the right, enter in the category name.
4. (Optional) Click Add Image to add a display picture for this category. Category images are viewable within the Simple Salon iOS & Android app.
5. Click Save when complete.
You can now add services that belong to the category you've created:
1. Click on the category you've just created
2. In the Services section, select New.
3. Fill out the Service Details section to the right and Save once complete.
We'll explain what each Service Details field means below:
- Service Name refers to the name of your service
- The Description field is used to describe the service. This description will be visible on your Online Booking site if you have added this service as an Online Service.
- Price refers to the cost of the service
- Duration is the time it takes for the service to complete.
- Processing Duration refers to processing time that is needed after the service duration.
- Allow bookings during processing: When this is disabled, a 'buffer zone' will be added based on the set processing duration. For more information on how this works, click here.
- The Display Colour is what the service will appear as when booked in on your Appointments Page. You can edit your services to display as any colour you would like.
- Loyalty Points: This setting is used when applying loyalty points to each individual product, as opposed to using our automatic loyalty points system.
- Requires Resource: Enable this setting if this service requires a specific room to be available. Click here to learn how the Resource function works.
If you want to see adding services in action, simply jump to 9:08 in the following set up video:
1. Head to Admin then into the Products tab.
2. Click New next to 'Brands'
3. Under Brand Details, enter in your product brand name.
4. (Optional) Click Add Image to add a display picture for this brand. Brand images will be viewable within the Simple Salon iOS & Android app in a future update!
5. Hit Save when you're complete.
You can now add products that belong to the brand you've created:
1. Click on the brand that you want to add products to.
2. In the Products section to the right, select New.
3. Fill out the Product Details section and Save once complete.
We'll explain what each Product Details field means below:
- The Image setting allows you to upload an image for this particular product. Product images will be viewable within the Simple Salon iOS & Android app in a future update.
- Product refers to the name of your product.
- The Description field is used to describe the product. This description will be visible on your Online Booking site in an upcoming update.
- Min Qty & Max Qty: These settings are used for the Ordering system - click here to learn more.
- Quantity refers to how much stock you currently have on hand for this product.
- Retail Price is how much customers pay for this product.
- Wholesale Price is how much you as a business paid for the product (i.e. your 'buy' price)
- Supplier & Supplier Code: These settings are used for the Ordering system - click here to learn more.
- Loyalty Points earned: This setting is used when applying loyalty points to each individual product, as opposed to using our automatic loyalty points system. Click here to learn about the difference.
- Barcode: If you have a barcode scanner, you can scan in the product's barcode into this field. This will allow you to scan the product in POS.
- Internal Use Only: Tick this option if a product will not be sold to clients and is only for internal or professional use. To learn how to keep track of your professional products, click here.
If you want to see adding products in action, simply jump to in the following set up video:
Would you like us to import your Service or Product information for you? Check out this article for further information on our Data Import options.
Feel free to check out the next article in the Getting Started section to see what to do next.