You can update your Simple Salon subscription and SMS Credit Top up billing details in a few simple steps from within your account!
Note: You need to be logged into the full web browser version to update your billing details (https://app.simplesalon.com/).
1. Click the blue circle icon on the top right corner, and go to Account.
2. Click the Actions drop-down menu and select New Billing Details. You'll be taken to Stripe to review your Current Plan, Payment Method and Invoice History.
3. Under the Payment Method section in Stripe, click the + Add payment method button. You'll be prompted to add in new Credit Card or Direct Debit details (you can also use Google Pay or Apple Pay if they're setup on your device).
4. Once you've entered in your new billing details, simply click Add.
Once successful you'll be taken back to the main page, where you can see your updated billing payment method!
5. (Optional) If you have multiple payment methods setup for billing, you can choose which one you want to be the default. To do this, simply click the three dots next to the relevant option, and select Make default.
6. To go back to Simple Salon, simply click the Return to Simple Salon link, or click the Simple Salon logo.
- Credit Card details are required when purchasing SMS Credits (i.e. if you're on a plan that is not inclusive of Plan SMS Messages). This is because these payments must be instant, so a Direct Debit account cannot be used for SMS Credit purchases. Therefore if you receive the error "Payment details missing. Please update the payment details on your account" when topping up, this means you don't have a Credit Card on file. Please update your billing details as per the steps above and try topping up again.
- With Google Pay or Apple Pay, these options will only be available if they've already been set up on your device. For example, Apple Pay won't display as a payment option unless you've already set up your credit or debit card with Apple Pay (through your digital wallet).
- Credit Card details will be required when paying a suspension payment (if you've missed your monthly payment and need to re-open your account).