Discover the ease of personalised communication with Simple Salon's SMS and email templates. You can tailor the default messages, or create your own from scratch. Use them for reminders, promotions, birthdays, and more—making client communication a breeze!
In this article we'll be covering the following:
- Customising SMS & Email Templates
- Assigning a New Template to Send to Clients via 1 Touch Marketing
- How to Edit the Appointment Reminder SMS Template (To Automatically Confirm Client Appointments)
Go to Admin, then select the Lists tab.
From the Select List dropdown menu, select SMS & Email Templates.
To customise the wording of a default template, click the Copy button next to it.
The text of the default template will now be copied over into a new template for you to customise as needed:
- Text within hashtags (#) is called a Tag. A Tag inserts the relevant information into the SMS or email when it is sent to a client.
- For example, the #ClientFirstName# tag will insert the client's first name into the message once sent to the client. The system knows whose name to insert as it matches the unique information in the client's profile.
In the Template Name field, change the name of the template to make it easier for you to find later.
Next, in the Message field, tweak the wording as needed and get creative!
You can send yourself a preview of the template by entering in your number and clicking Send.
When you're happy with the changes you've made to the template, click Save.
- The process for creating your own template from scratch works the same way as "copying" a default one as outlined above. The only difference is you'll come up with your own message and insert the relevant Tags (if needed). Simply click New Email Template or New SMS Template on the SMS & Email Templates page to get started.
- Any "Appointment" tags (i.e. Appointment Service Name/Day of Week/Date/Time) can only be used in the context of your Automatic Message Types, such as the 1st and 2nd Appointment Reminders. Currently they cannot be used with Marketing or Reporting options. Please click here for more information.
- Any custom template you have created will have an added Edit button next to it. This allows you to update the text without having to make a new template.
If you have created a new template for an Automatic Message in 1-Touch Marketing, you need to set this new template as the one that gets sent to clients.
To do this, go to Admin, then into the SMS & Email tab.
In the 1-Touch Marketing section, click Edit next to the relevant Automatic Message Type.
After clicking Edit, you'll see an SMS Template dropdown menu, and an Email Template dropdown menu.
If you've created a template for SMS, click the drop-down menu under SMS Template and select the template you've just created.
If you've created a template for emails, click the drop-down menu under Email Template and select the template you've just created.
Click Save once complete. The new template that you've selected will now be the one that is sent to clients!
It is possible for clients to respond 'Yes' to their appointment reminder, which will automatically confirm their upcoming appointment on the Appointments page.
To do this, you'll need to edit the Default SMS Reminder template to include a sentence that says "Reply YES to Confirm".
Simply watch the video above to learn how, or follow the steps below:
1. Go to Admin, then select the Lists tab.
2. From the Select List dropdown menu, select SMS & Email Templates.
3. Locate the Default SMS Reminder and click the Copy button next to it.
4. In the Template Name field, add in a name for this new template, e.g. Reply Yes SMS Reminder
5. In the Message field, add in the sentence "Reply YES to Confirm". For example, you can add it in at the end of the SMS, like this:
Hi #ClientFirstName#! Your next appointment at #CompanyName# is on #AppointmentDate# @ #AppointmentTime#. Tel: #CompanyTelephone#. Reply YES to Confirm.
6. Click Save once complete.
Now you need to set this new template to be sent to clients:
1. Go to Admin, then into SMS & Email.
2. In the 1-Touch Marketing section, click Edit next to the 1st Appointment Reminder (or 2nd Appointment Reminder).
3. Click the drop-down menu under SMS Template, and choose the new SMS template you have just created.
This will become the new template that is sent as the reminder instead of the default one.
4. Click Save to confirm the changes made.
Now that you have added a Reply YES to Confirm section to your appointment reminder, this tells the clients to reply yes, which in turn automatically adds a C flag (for Confirmed) on their appointment.
- The client must respond to their appointment reminder with the word 'Yes' in order to add a C flag to their appointment. The capitalisation doesn't matter as long as they've used the word yes. Replying with just a 'Y' will not trigger the system to confirm the appointment.