In an era where communication is key to business success, staying connected with clients has never been more crucial. Our WhatsApp integration is designed to empower your business, providing you with an additional means to engage with your clients.
We'll be covering the following:
- How to enable WhatsApp Messaging
- How to enable Automatic Messages (e.g. Appointment Reminders)
- What's the difference between Plan Whatsapp Messages and Credit?
1. Login to the Simple Salon web browser version (https://app.simplesalon.com/).
2. Go to Account (by clicking the blue circle icon on the top right corner).
3. Select the Actions menu.
4. Under Messaging Add-Ons, select WhatsApp.
5. Select WhatsApp Access Enabled and then Save. A pop-up will appear confirming billing costs moving forward.
6. Select I agree, enable WhatsApp to continue.
- Once you have enabled WhatsApp, you will be charged on a pro-rata basis, i.e. the amount charged depends on how far into your current billing cycle you're in. This means you'll also be awarded your Plan WhatsApp Messages on a pro-rata basis.
- For example, if you're half way through your current billing cycle, you won't be charged for a full billing cycle (which means you get awarded a pro-rata amount of messages). You'll get the full amount of Plan WhatsApp Messages when your next billing cycle payment is succesfully processed.
1. Go to Admin.
2. Select the Messaging tab.
3. In the 1-Touch Marketing section, click Edit next to the relevant Automatic Message Type (e.g. 1st Appointment Reminder).
4. Select WhatsApp Enabled and then Save.
Unlike other platforms, WhatsApp (as mandated by Meta) require approval of messaging templates before it can be sent clients. The template approval process ensures that messages contribute to a secure and trustworthy messaging environment.
This means templates we have created for you must be used at this stage, as they have been approved by Meta.
After clicking Edit next to an Automatic Message Type, you can verify what the template looks like by clicking View next to WhatsApp Template.
"Plan WhatsApp Messages " is referring to messages that are included in your plan (Pro and Max).
When you enable WhatsApp, you will receive 100 Plan WhatsApp Messages per billed operator, each billing cycle.
For example, if you have 7 operators (or more), you will get 700 Plan WhatsApp Messages in total per billing cycle (i.e. 100 messages for each operator you currently pay for).
The WhatsApp Setup section (via Admin > Messaging) is where you'll go to see your current Plan WhatsApp Message balance, or check the expiry date (the expiry date is your normal subscription billing date).
"Credit" is referring to WhatsApp messages that are purchased manually.
Credit is purchased via the Buy Credit button (or if Auto Top-Up is enabled, this will top-up your Credit balance when low).
If you run out of included messages before your next billing date—you can purchase Credit manually until your WhatsApp Plan SMS Messages reset.