If you're using a security gate or door, you can setup Simple Members so that active clients can be allowed into the Gym 24/7 or as your Gym allows. This process is called Active Members.
What is Active Members?
Active members is a list of members who have active memberships to your gym.
These members are also found in Reporting > Report List > Membership Summary Report with an Active Status.
If you're connected to a third party payment provider, then the list will contain a list of active members who have an active membership, and up to date payments.
If you have a gate or door system which members are required to scan through to access the Gym, you'd probably like these clients to be able to scan in at anytime.
You can use the Active Members function to help keep your gate access up to date.
How do I enable Active Members?
You can enable Active Members by following the steps below:
1) Click on Account, located on top-right of page.
2) Click on the Actions button drop down menu.
3) Click on the Active Members link as shown in the image above.
4) In the right-side panel tick Active Members Enabled then click Save.
5) At this point, you've enabled the Active Members list to send, however, you'll now need to specify how and where you would like to send the Active Members list.
Choosing the access method in which the Active Members list sends
6) Click on the Active Members link again so you can choose the access method.
The Active Members list will be sent around midnight daily, to allow you to update your Active Members list.
7) There are three actions you can choose from to send the Active Members list:
Choosing none from the Send Via drop down will mean that the list is not pushed anywhere.
Choosing Email from the Send Via drop down will push a list of Active Members to your specified email address.
Choosing FTP (File Transfer Protocol) from the Send Via drop down will push a list of Active Members to your specified FTP URL.
You'll most likely need to ensure that the username, password and FTP URL provide you with the ability to write files to the FTP URL.
If you're not sure what these credentials are, you can get in touch with your hosting provider or IT manager.
8) If your email address or FTP is not linked directly to the gate, each time you receive the file around midnight, you'll need to pass the received file onto the gate system.
This will ensure the gate has the up-to-date list of clients.
If these methods are not suitable for your needs you can make use of the Simple Members API setting.
If you'd like to make use of the Simple Members API and access the list automatically as needed, you can click on Account > Actions > API Settings.
In the right-side panel, you'll be presented with your API Token and API Documentation link to setup your Active Members connection.
Please note that the 'GetActiveMembers' table will provide you with an XML view of the result string you should receive.
To successfully retrieve the list at anytime, you will firstly need to Authenticate using your 'Username', 'Password', 'CompanyID', and 'Your API Token'.
The 'Username', 'Password', and 'CompanyID' are Simple Members credentials you would need to login each day.
Note: If you have successfully followed the above steps, you should have knowledge of all the required credentials.
Once you've authenticated, you will be able to retrieve the list.