Using the Advanced Rostering, you can record the hours your operators work and their hourly rates, which in turn generates for you the Wages Report.
If you haven't already setup your Advanced Rostering via the Advanced Rostering (Part 1)—roster types & operator hours article, click here to do so first.
Then you will be ready to setup your Roster to record your staff hours and their individual hourly rates earned per shift. Your Wages Report will be automatically generated based on the hours and rates in your Roster.
If you don't need to track wages, then use the Simple Rostering—click here to see how to set it up in a few very simple steps.
Setting up your Roster Rate Types in Advanced Rostering
Go to Admin, choose Rostering, and click New in the Roster Rates Type section.
You will already have your Standard Rate there, so click New to create another roster rate type. On the right side panel give it a name, and Save.
Keep adding in all of your Roster Rate Types until you've covered all of the different rates you have available to your staff.
Assigning the Roster Rate Types to your staff operators
Go to Admin, then into your Operators tab, and click the Roster Rates link next to one of your operators.
Edit the Standard Rate.
On the right side panel enter in this operators individual Standard Rate, and Save.
If this operator also has the ability to earn a different rate (i.e. Public Holiday rate or Double Time rate etc) click the New Roster Rate link to add another one for this operator.
On the right side panel, enter in the operator's hourly rate for the roster rate type, and Save.
Keep adding in New Roster Rates until this operator has been assigned all of their possible hourly rates.
Do this for all of your operators.
Using the Roster to record the hours and hourly rates each operator earns
The simplest way to roster your operators is to first roster everyone off, then open up the time that each operator is rostered on.
Go to Settings, into Roster Settings and tick Automatically Roster Operators Off.
Your Appointment page will now look like this. Each operator column is shaded, everyone is rostered off.
If you click the shaded sections, you'll see that no bookings are allowed.
We need to open up the time when each operator is working to allow for bookings to made in their columns.
Go to the Roster.
Let's roster on Joey. Joey works in the salon:
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Click the next to one of your operators (i.e. Joey). On the right side, we can fill out the roster item details.
Let's do his Tuesday & Wednesday:
- Select your Rostered On from the Roster Type drop down menu
- Tick All for Service Available, or choose specific services Joey can perform during this shift
- Choose the hourly rate which he is earning during this shift from the Roster Rate Type dropdown menu.
- Select the start & finish Item Time (make sure start and finish times are am and pm accordingly)
- Tick the days of the week you're rostering him on for - Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Tick Allow Online Bookings if you would also like to make this time available for clients to book in with Joey via your Online Bookings site (check out the Online Bookings article for more info).
Go ahead and Save.
Joey is Rostered On for his Tuesday and Wednesday.
Here's a snippet from the Appointment page now that we have opened up this time in the Roster. Appointments can now be made with Joey on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.
Follow these same steps to roster Joey on for all the days and times when he is in the salon.
Joey works these same shifts every week, so let's repeat his weekly roster. Tick Joey and click Repeat Selected.
You can repeat the week's roster Weekly, Fortnightly, Every 3 Weeks, or Monthly (Every 4 Weeks), for how ever many weeks you'd like.
Click Repeat, and then OK when you're sure.
Continue to roster on all of your staff to open up the time which they are working in their appointment column.
Note: At the bottom of your Roster, you have the following options:
- Repeat Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Repeat Selected, which will repeat their week's roster Weekly, Fortnightly, Every 3 Weeks, or Monthly (Every 4 Weeks), for how ever many weeks you'd like.
- Email Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Email Selected to email the operators their roster.
- Clear Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Clear Selected to delete roster items. You can also choose to only delete the current week's items, the current week's items including all 'Do Not Overwrite' items, all future items, and all future items including 'Do Not Overwrite' items.
- Allow Online Bookings for all Roster Items: This will open up all of the existing roster items to be available for clients to book online appointments into these time slots.
Using the Wages Report to track hours worked and wages earned
Go to Reporting, then into the Report List, and scroll right down to the bottom of the list and select the Wages Report.
You can change the date range if you wish. Click the Wage Details link to see any one operator's wage details.
There you have it—now you know how to create your Roster Rate Types, assign them to your operators, record your operators hours in the roster, assign each shift the hourly rate, and use the Wages Report to track your operators hours and what they have earned.