You may have noticed with your Instagram account, that you can only have one URL linked in your bio:
Luckily there are third party apps, such as a "bio link tool" that will allow you to get around this. A Bio link tool allows your customers to view multiple pieces of content, instead of one website like you normally would. For example:
It essentially gives you a 'landing page' for your Instagram account, so you can link your followers to both your website or to your Online Booking site to book an appointment. It's easy to use and personalise, and lets you use just one URL for all of the important links that you want to share!
In this article we'll show you how you can setup Linktree (since it has a free option) so you can add your Simple Salon Online Booking URL and website (or more) to your Instagram Bio.
How to set it up
1. Visit https://linktr.ee/ and click 'Get Started For Free' to create your account.
Tip: It's a good idea to create your Linktree account with the same username as your Instagram account.
2. Once you've created an account, you can add your links by clicking the Add New Link button.
You'll give the link a Title which is what will be displayed on the button that the client clicks, then you'll add your link in the URL field:
3. To add your Online Booking URL so clients can be linked straight to your booking site, go to:
Online > Admin > Online Booking URL. You can click Copy URL to copy the link to your clipboard:
With the link in your clipboard, go back to Linktree and paste it into the URL field.
Give it a title so your clients know that if they click this button they'll be taken over to your booking site!
5. Then you can add your Website URL or other relevant pages, for example your 'Contact Us' page or 'Please read before booking' page from your website etc—essentially anything important that you would like your followers to be able to easily access.
Once you're happy with all of the links you've added, you can click Share to copy your Linktree URL:
6. Head over to your Instagram and go to your Profile page. You simply need to Edit Profile. Then in the Website field, paste your Linktree URL that you just copied. Once you've Saved you're done!
Simply click the link in your Instagram Bio to check out all the different links that are now accessible to your clients and followers!