Since the Afterpay card no longer requires the barcode integration, you'll now need to create a custom payment method type for 'Afterpay'. This allows you to keep track of your Afterpay sales separately to your Credit Card sales.
To create this, simply go to your Admin page, then into your Lists tab. From the Select List drop-down menu, choose Payment Methods:
- On the top right side click New
- On the right side panel under Payment Method Details, you can name it 'Afterpay' or 'Afterpay Card' (however you would like it displayed)
- Ensure you have Show on POS ticked
- Under End-of-Day, you'll want to select Include in Credit Card Row.
- (Optional) If you have Xero connected, you can also select a Xero account per payment method. If you'd like more information on this, please click here.
- Click Save once complete
Now when you have a client who's using the Afterpay card, you'll process their payment on your EFTPOS Terminal first.
Once payment is successfully processed—in Simple Salon you'll then select your new custom 'Afterpay Card' payment type in POS.
Note: If you already have the previous barcode system integrated, you'll want to make sure you're not selecting the system Afterpay method (since that one uses the barcode) if your client is using the digital card.
If you have more questions about the Afterpay Card, click here to learn more from the Afterpay team.