In your SMS Account Setup section (via Admin > SMS & Email), you may have noticed there are SMS Messages and Credit:
If you're wondering what the difference is, we'll explain it below!
"SMS Messages" is referring to SMS that is included in the Plus, Pro and Max plans.
Therefore if you are currently on the Plus, Pro or Max plan - you will have SMS included to use each month.
This SMS Account Setup section is where you can come to see your current Plan SMS Message balance, or check your expiry date (the expiry date is your normal billing date).
If you are instead on the Starter plan, you won't have SMS included in your plan and need to purchase Credit.
"Credit" is referring to SMS that is purchased manually (not included in a plan).
Credit is instead purchased via the Buy Credit button (or if Auto Top-Up is enabled, this will top-up your Credit balance when low).
For example, if you're on the Starter plan, you would need to buy credits in order to send SMS from your account (since the Starter plan isn't inclusive of SMS).
As another example, if you're on a plan that is inclusive of SMS Messages but you run out before your next billing date—you can purchase Credits manually until your Plan SMS Messages reset.
- SMS Messages (included in a plan) will reset every billing cycle
- Credit (purchased manually or via auto top-up) do not expire
- If you have both an SMS Message balance and a Credit balance, the system will use your Plan SMS Messages first. Your Credit balance will be used if you run out of SMS Messages.
- 1 SMS equals 160 characters. If you go over 160 characters, the system will automatically allow you to use more than 160 characters, however you will be charged for 2 SMSs. This is the same whether you have Plan SMS Messages or are purchasing Credit. Please click here for the SMS Cost breakdown.
- If you do not wish to go over the 160 character limit, you can un-tick the Allow Multiple SMS Messages setting, via Settings > Marketing Settings.
- If you're currently on a plan without SMS Messages included and you want to upgrade, simply check out the instructions below:
How to Change your Simple Salon Subscription Plan